Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oldest Daughter's Room's Progress

I showed you a sneak peek of this room & the before awhile back in this post. If you noticed I only showed you parts of the room because it was still a huge mess & I was working on some projects for it. Well, I'm still working on some projects for it, but it is FINALLY cleaned up ... at least for now. We may put a note on the door (when we show the house) that says "Beware: A Teenager Lives In Here"! 
This is the Before:
Lovely : /

I finally put up the artwork that are actually 4 placemats (from HomeGoods). I spray painted 2 of them chrome which is extremely difficult to use. The wall paint is Valspar Satin - Lucent Purple

I even got her to clear off the top of the chest :)   See how pretty it is?

She told me today that she doesn't like  iron "Dream" chotchkey. It's been there for months! If she persists, I will put it in the office because the tag is no longer attached to it.


I'm not thrilled with this corner. I will explain the stool later...hint: she needs it for the armoire. Several months ago I found the most quirky purple chair at HomeGoods that would look great in this corner. Did I buy it? No. Someone put it on hold while I was thinking about it. Still kicking myself. Will probably move the origami mobile that is over the bed to this corner.
Mr. Fanatic is going to make some doohickeys that will raise the bed about 3 inches since it is a little low... and I still have to make a bedskirt from an extra panel I bought when  the curtains were purchased at Target. We bought  the supplies to make something over the bed. I hope I can do this on Saturday. I would like to make a headboard, as well, but that is on the bottom of the list.

This is what we are using to make the artwork for above the bed. Since we will be moving (hopefully), I thought it could be put on some mdf painted the same color of the wall. This way we can take it with us.

And, of course, I am still working on the inside of the armoire, but it is functional.
Overall, her bedroom is functional & clean  - for the moment. Hopefully  she will keep it this way.

Thanks for stopping by,

Pam








41 comments:

  1. Love her room, so clean and sophisticated now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, what an awesome room! Clean and neat and just very cool!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great!! You've done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love your daughter's room!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursdy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great elements here, but your idea to paint the placemats was brilliant. I could totally see that treatment on an entire wall. That would be really dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so crisp, clean and neat! I love the idea of the teenager sign on the door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what color did you paint her walls? I've been looking for a nice purple and this one's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooooah! What a redo! Your daughter is blessed to have such a sweet mommy. I just linked after you at "Transformation Thursday." I wanted to stop by and let you know you've got a new follower. Have great day tomorrow!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a great job and the room looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done with your daughter's room - great job! I'm a new follower and I'd love for you to come see me - I'm giving away 3 super chic Sam Moon cuff bracelets:
    http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com
    ♥Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...looks like something out of PB Teen!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this room! Job well done. I am a new reader and can't wait to read more of your posts. I love the colors in the room, and the place mat's as wall art. Love it!

    www.livetobeinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant room! The colours are so soft and regal. The black simply pops perfectly against that hue. Wow.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Very sophisticated now...you did a fabulous job and I'm sure she loves it! Found it through sns..so glad I did! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! Good job, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really love the dresser area and wall hanging!

    Great job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks so great! I love the new look...and I am the mom of a teen, so I know what you mean about her keeping it straight!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks so lovely and sophisticated! You're done a great job so far. It'll be fun to see your other projects for the room :-)
    Victoria @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a similar purple in my guest room. It was here when I bought the house, but it's turned out to be a favorite. Very serene - and it goes with so many things. I used black and white bedding- with a few gold touches for plates on the wall and lamps. Whoever buys your house will love this room!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the lavender and black! Wow... Nice!
    Good luck on the whole "teenager lives here" thingie! *wink*

    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love! I redid my teenage brother's bedroom this winter, and it was a very interesting experience. Your daughter has a beautiful bedroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love everything that you did. It is so classy and sophisticated, yet fun and youthful with the purple and black! My daughters would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my goodness, i just love it. purple is my favorite color, and i love black and white, and this is just put together so well and looks polished and grown up, yet perfect for a girl. :)

    also, i'm curious - you said you had problems with the chrome paint, what issues did you run into? i use rustoleum's chrome spray paint and looove it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This turned out gorgeous! I love the color combo and the placemat wall art is beautiful! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Pam- I'll be featuring this bedroom tomorrow! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining The Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful!

    The wall colour is similar to one I used in my teen daughter's room. I am currently working on the older teen's room, almost done. I know about them not liking things you put into their rooms! I am having a hard time not completely taking over the design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Her room looks fabulous! I really like the colors you have selected and I love the place mat artwork! Thanks so much for linking up to Be Inspired today!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely...The purple and black combo is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love a black and white room. It is a great teen room, clean lines, a little funky and young. Love it! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful room. I really like the color combo. I have a purplish living room and the black accents are great. I am going to check out this color because our purple is not holding up...it darkened...and this looks a little lighter.

    Thanks for linking to Tickled Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful. Love the placemat idea!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Pajama Party at Life In My Pjs!!

    ~Ela

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gosh, the room is so beautiful!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This room is AMAZING! I wish my room looked like this! The place-mats for wall art? Genius! The color of the room? Beautiful! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks great! Glad to know your daughter's habits are similar to my girls' habits!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It looks great and I think it's amazing your daughter is letting you into her room at all, much less to redecorate!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pam, this is fabulous! You are so creative. 1 thing I see that you could do is hang another curtain on wall between the two windows before placing headboard-- would give the illusion that the whole wall is windows and would look very luxe!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by! If you are not on blogger, leave me your email or some other way of getting in touch with you in the comment. That way I can reply to your question or comment.