Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pretty New Planter for the Deck



Ahhhh, it's good to be back! I haven't blogged in ....over a week! No, I wasn't on vacation ... I wish! Do you ever have a dream where you are running, but not getting anywhere?  My last week and a half has been like that! First, Friday was Graduation day from High School for my oldest daughter. Doesn't Mr. Fanatic look happy? Heck yeah!!! My oldest is very strong willed .... and I am going to leave it at that! :)
Along with preparing for Graduation day, I have been running around getting estimates for granite, a tile backsplash, window cleaning, etc after meeting with Realtor # 2.
I had not done a single project in a couple of weeks until today! Thursday I stopped in at Marshall's looking for a dress for Graduation...yes I know it was last minute, but I found a cute one, so it all worked out. Anyway, I also found this wrought iron planter ... which was the same one that I had wanted for Mother's Day 09, but by the time Mr. Fanatic arrived at the store, it was gone. So, I was extremely happy when I found it!!! It will add more color on our deck that was spruced up a couple of months ago. You can read about it here.
I already had 2 pots to put in it, but 3 could fit in the top part of the planter, so I went to Lowe's & bought one more pot and some plants. Then I taped them up, spray painted the rims, then painted the bottoms with a metallic craft paint.



This is what it looks like all finished.




A very lovely addition to my decked out deck!
Thank you all for stopping by. I promise I will stop by and see you, too!

Pam


25 comments:

  1. Your planter has really pretty lines! What a great addition to your deck!! And congrats to your grad : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Pam! I love how you did the rim red...ties in great with all your other decor. I have missed you on here...but I know how busy you are. My boys are home now too for summer....it's going to be a long hot one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter! Love the iron planter and various shots from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That planter was meant to be yours! And Congratulations to your daughter! Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I have missed you around these parts. Good to have you back. Love that planter and your pots look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the grad. The painted pots look fantastic and they pot in the mosaic. Hope you have a slower week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The planter is adorable and graduate a beauty ! Congratulations !!!!

    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the graduate!

    Beautiful planter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the planter. Looks great with everything else on your deck! Very nice.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colors you painted your pots, they look wonderful in your new planter.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful planter! I love how you painted your pots too! It looks so elegant! I remember how hectic is with graduation, we did that 2yrs ago with our first! I know you are busy with trying to move and all but I hope to see more of your posts. I've just started following you and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm your new follower, come see me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your planter is very good I am in search of wrought iron planter's design, I add it to in my list, and with planter your plants are also very healthy looking...

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very colourful addition to your patio. How wonderful. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very lovely addition indeed! That color combination really pops! Congrats on your daughter's graduation! One chapter now closing... and a new one will begin...

    :D Lynda
    http://nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Looks great, I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great stand. I love wrought iron and the potted flowers look great also. Found your blog on met. monday. I blog about gardening, flowers and our landscape. Stop by for a Latte' sometime. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, great pictures and mosaic! I hope that you have a lovely new week!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found you at the Girl Creativ'e Linky party. I love your planter and your pot transformations! These would be a great project to link up to my upcoming garden party June23-25! I'd love to have you join us, there will be some fun giveaways as well!

    Sharon@Keeninspirations
    http://keeninspirations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to the whole family... the twinkle in their eyes is VERY fun!

    Lovin on your DIY ;)

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooooo I love it. and I love your paint job on the pots. AND I LOVE YOUR RED WATERING CAN! What a beautiful look on your deck. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. Super job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is adorable. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its a beautiful planter. Great idea!

    Thanks for linking up to my Pajama Party! Please join me next week again =)

    ~Ela

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on graduation, and I love your new planter! What a beautiful mosaic! Thanks so much for playing along. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by! If you are not on blogger, leave me your email or some other way of getting in touch with you in the comment. That way I can reply to your question or comment.