Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Daughter's Bedroom Reveal

My daughter's room is ready for a reveal! I still want to add some things to it, such as bookcases, a small chair & some small additions of blue to the room, but if I wait til the room is 100 %, you'll never see it. Besides, rooms always change over time anyway!




Before I show you my daughter's bedroom, let me show you what it looked like before. At least a little bit of it. I wasn't blogging before we painted the room & the only photos of the entire room that I have were taken with a camera that had film! It was a cute room for a little girl. I designed &  made the bed with my husband's help for an interior design class when we lived in California. I made my oldest daughter one as well, & made them so they could be used as bunk beds because I knew that we would probably be living in an apartment for awhile when we moved here & the girls would be sharing a room. I painted butterflies & flowers above the bed & on the wall at the entrance like the ones  on her comforter. My daughter didn't want to repaint the room for many years because I had painted those butterflies & flowers on the wall & even asked me to cut out the sheetrock & save them. Awww, she is so sweet. She was finally ready to paint over them after she turned 16. Mr. Fanatic had a difficult time painting over them and felt like he was painting over her childhood...tear :. (




... drumroll please ..... here's what you see as you walk in...




Remember that bookcase is going & a taller one will be built on either side of the windows. I also want to raise the bed & the headboard up a few inches Here you can see the lamp that I made a slipcover for and the nightstand I made over. You can click on the links to read more about these projects.



I love the white dresser I found on Craigslist,

Mr. Fanatic still has to hang the shutters, which is a mirror inside. I found the shutters, lamp & clock at  HomeGoods. The coral is from a recent trip to Seal Beach, California & the glass bottles are from Hobby Lobby.


The headboard is a Craigslist find. The pillow is also from HomeGoods

We were going to make something with shells & burlap for the walls, but we found this at where else? HomeGoods.


I love these little metal containers. I saw them at Marshall's and thought they were cute, but didn't buy them. I went back later that evening when I figured out I could use them in my daughter's room. Wouldn't these look good in bookcases that were backed with some really colorful wallpaper? ......Always thinking.....

and here's the Coastal Lantern, some coral & a cute distressed box....all from guess where.
So, there you have it! I'm glad my daughter likes her new room. I think she had fun helping with the design and now understands the process of putting a room together.

This was my first Shabby Chic Coastal Cottage theme for a bedroom and it was a lot of fun & not too much money to do. I hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by:

Pam

The paint colors for this room are: Trim: Valspar Kitchen and Bath Enamel, Semi-Gloss in Ultra White, Ceiling: Valspar Eggshell in Summer Grey and the walls are a custom color ...here are the numbers:
101-1 Y19.50  107-0Y20.00   109-0Y6.00 

Update:
The bookcases are finished and look gorgeous! You can see them HERE.







59 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Calm, soothing....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Pam, looks like your inspiration rooms and even better with your personal touches. You did a really nice job!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... I LOVE all the beachy details you added... just gorgeous... I'm sure she LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful transformation.. I so love the color blue on the walls! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog today...
    Good luck on your home sale!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformation Pam. Love the shuttered mirror over the dresser. I almost bought one of those clocks at Homegoods. Great price and just like my Pottery Barn one for a lot more. Cute lamp and shade and love that headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bedroom.It looks so pretty!! I just love the shutters....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The room looks absolutely fabulous. I love the furniture redo's, they are all wonderful and your accessories are perfect. I think the room is just beautiful. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the transformation!! I really like all the colors you used in your decorating of her room! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great, sophisticated, grown-up room for your daughter! You have done a wonderful job! I love all the little beachy details, especially the shutters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks amazing! i love the color, and love the headboard- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog, I've been sitting here happily exploring it! I wanted to let your know that my blogs are having the same issue. Don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great makeover! I am sure your daughter is in teenager heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! So nice to see the whole room come together after seeing some of your previous posts on this project. Great job! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's just beautiful Pam! I could see a girl of any age in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous makeover Pam! Your daughter must love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the shutters and the dresser and the little buckets with numbers.. so cute!! I love everything- you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that is gorgeous!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. O wow! I just love the details on the shelves! That old head board is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Pam, you did such a wonderful job! I bet your daughter is just thrilled! Love everything! Have a wonderful day!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  23. This turned out very pretty. Nice and grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a great job on the redo...your inspiration photos are great....might try a thing or two from them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great job....love the color scheme...and the shutter is great - I have to find one! Thanks for sharing this pretty room.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful makeover, everything flows nicely! Great colors and all of your decorations are perfect! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous Room Makeover! Its been inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Job Well Done Pam!!! Her room looks beautiful she must love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE the gray walls! You're inspiring me to paint my bedroom walls that color!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job on the room. She's a lucky daughter. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it! I love the feel of the room. So cute. I saw you at Remodelaholic link party.
    Tamber
    http://colorfulcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. So beautiful! I LOVE it, great job on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wish my room looked this great! The shells on the burlap are wonderful. I just love the contrast between the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What girl wouldn't love that makeover? It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great work! I love all of the HomeGoods finds. All of the little touches add so much to the room!
    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your daughter should be dancing for joy. Wow the room is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so pretty. I'm with you I would have never in a million years used grey on the walls, but it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  38. The room looks fantastic. I'm sure your daughter loves it. Gosh I miss Home Goods!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's very cute! I love the bedding and the fun lamp on the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my... so lovely! I drooled over the shutters, such a pretty shade. And the headboard with those pillows? Magazine material!

    Thanks for linking this up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very nice! Looks all grown up now. The little details you added really finished everything off. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is so pretty!! What an amazing job you did. I need to start working on my stepdaughter's room!

    ReplyDelete
  43. It looks wonderful!!!! I bet she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a fabulous transformation. So chic and beautiful! I bet your daugther is thrilled. Love the headboard - great find! Thanks for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Pam,
    That is a great bedroom, so very elegant and chic! Really beautiful, all the little touches add so much character and interest. Your daughter must be thrilled with it. You really did a great job! I'd love it if you'd drop by for a visit sometime!
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  46. Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

    ReplyDelete
  47. Turned out very nice! Where did you get the bedding from?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi, Pam. This looks absolutely beautiful. There's not a single thing you did/made/purchased for this room that I would not love to have in my own home.

    I'm now a new follower (and I found you via your link on ISVC)!!!

    :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a fantastic transformation! I love it...esp. those shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the grey walls with the cream curtain panels. So calming. I recently painted my own bedroom a darker grey color and added offwhite/cream accents. It is my favorite room in my house right now. So peaceful!

    I bet your daughter loves her new space. Way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a fun, fresh new look! I love how it is both young-looking, but sophisticated at the same time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh, the dresser is similar to mine- what a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very cute! Love a coastal theme! But you gave it a few twist to make it special! I am sure she is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  54. nice project, looks fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by! If you are not on blogger, leave me your email or some other way of getting in touch with you in the comment. That way I can reply to your question or comment.