Sunday, March 14, 2010

Master Bath Reveal

Well, our Master Bath is finally finished. Ok, I still need a few  rugs and maybe  a window treatment, but I think it is ready enough to show as it is when we put the house up for sale.
I love the way it looks now. 


Here is our Master Bath before:
Lovely

Painting the master bath several months ago made a huge difference. We had lived in our house nine years the way it was. Looking back, when I start to think why we hadn't painted and decorated our bathroom sooner, I have to remind myself that I worked a flexible full time job most of those years, Mr. Fanatic went to school full time for 3 1/2 years getting his Bachelor's Degree, we finished part of the basement, landscaped our property, built a cobblestone patio, etc. Our bathroom was way down on the list.





Here is our Master Bath after it was painted. Looked pretty good. You can see more  on a previous post.





Ahh, but you don't see the vinyl floor.


There it is. Plain, boring and VINYL. About that time we decided we might put our house on the market in May of 2010, but weren't 100 % sure. We knew that tiling our Master Bath floor was a must, so we put it on the list.

Since the vanity had to be taken out, I thought we might as well make it taller, so Mr. Fanatic built it up 1 1/4" higher. The top of the contertop is now 33 3/4" from the floor instead of 32 1/2. If we weren't moving we would have designed new cabinets that were kitchen height, but 33 3/4" is a very comfortable height. I will explain how we did all of this in a tutorial.




 


One of my previous clients had tile put on the front of her marble tub. I thought adding tile to the tub front looked more like a bathroom in a custom home, so we did this too. The grout is darker than the floor because it is still wet :/




So we're finished with the bathroom. I think Mr. Fanatic did a fantastic job, don't you? He took a week off of work - started last Saturday & we finished today. We spent $700 (about $300 on tile alone) including the metal artwork on the wall and included tile flooring in the Master Closet.  The total amount included the following: Painted bathroom walls and trim, added Crown Molding, replaced the builder mirror with 2 separate decorative ones, replaced old baseboard with new, installed new base molding in Closet, installed tile in Master Bath and Closet, painted vanity lights and  changed out the cabinet knobs. 








Yay! One more project on my list. I tell you, this project made me realize we aren't getting any younger. LOL!

Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by,

Pam


43 comments:

  1. Your husband did a an awesome job!!~ You may not want to put the house on the market......it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, the bathroom looks awesome. I would hate to do all that work and then sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful transformation for just $700! I love the tile you picked and the way you put it around the bathtub. Our master bathroom is in dire need of a makeover, but like you it's been way down on the list. Seeing yours has motivated me to move it up a few notches on the ole "to do" list! Great job!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice makeover :-) The tiles are a huge improvement over the vinyl, and love the artwork above the tub. And the two mirrors are much better than the builder's mirror.

    Feels good to get a room finished, doesn't it?? :-)

    Kelly @ DesigTies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and great job with it. I really like the wall color with the white trim. I don't remember if you mentioned the color or not. This is one of our next big projects after this dining room..What a feeling it is when it's done.
    Have a great week.
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wall color is lush. Love it. I agree on covering the outer wall of the tub - always makes such a huge difference. The room looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, especially the new mirrors !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. your transformation is beautiful. Such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really nice. You guys have done such a good job. It is tasteful and elegant. We have torn up our ensuite bathroom and I am constantly on the lookout for new ideas for it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely - it definitely has tonnes more appeal now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bathroom is just gorgeous. I really like the tile. Very pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bathroom turned out great. Your husband did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a fabulous makeover, Pam....your hubby and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bath looks wonderful. I especially like the idea of the tile up the side of the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on a super job! I'm sure all your hard work will pay off - it looks outstanding!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a beautiful transformation! Thanks for sharing with us at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hubby did a wonderful job. The bath looks lovely, very fresh and new. Love the tile on the face of the bathtub.

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks beautiful. Your hubby did a wonderful job of it. I love the artwork above your tub.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't individual mirrors make a huge difference? The big all-over wall mirrors look so dated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks amazing...I love the blue artwork...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good for you, I'm sure that you'll immensely enjoy that wonderful transformation my dear!..,

    Do pop by for a visit!

    Cheers from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks 100% better. Love the color combo and the blue tin tile art over the tub...that is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,
    I just found your blog from BNOTP and I love it. I am your newest follower!
    Bonnie
    http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks great. You guys did a terrific job---right down to the cool wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a very nice job. I like the tile on the tub facing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful room! That metal piece on the wall is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow it looks great! I agree Kim though, aren't you sad to sell it after putting in so much work?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous!! Love it all!! I posted my before/after bathroom project today!! Check it out...
    http://www.thecountrychiccottage.net/2010/03/bathroom-transformation-revealed.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. love it, the tile and paint are such a good improvement. The house will sell easier!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is gorgeous! I love it! Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful and so warm! Passed by from shabby chic cottage; so happy I did. It looks so inviting now. Great job and nice to meet you. -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks great. Good call on the tile on the tub--looks so fancy and custom. Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE it! GREAT makeover! I would LOVE to know the name/color and brand of the paint. I am searching for something this color for my living room. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This turned out beautifully. Great job!!! I have a marble tub too, with marble sides. I didn't know you could tile over it. Hmmmm... giving me ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, that artwork over the tub is stunning! Would you share where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Please, please, please tell me how you got that builder mirror off the bathroom wall without destroying the wall in the process? I'd love to take mine out and even have a beautiful new wood framed mirror, but DH and I are stuck about how to get that darn, glued on mirror off the wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. what a wonderful redo! I love it. Where did you get that art work over the tub? I have been looking for something like that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm behind the times here, but your bathroom looks really great! The tiles and the wall color all look so nice! You two are ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your bathroom turned out awesome. If you may ask... where did you get your metal artwork? It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by! If you are not on blogger, leave me your email or some other way of getting in touch with you in the comment. That way I can reply to your question or comment.